01 Feb Boudin Blanc Ravioli with Hazelnut Beurre Noisette
1 pack good quality fresh lasagne sheets
2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1 whole egg
2 cloves garlic, sliced and lightly fried in olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
60 g butter
2 g fresh whole sage leaves
15 g toasted & crushed hazelnuts
- To create the boudin blanc, place the chicken, egg white, garlic clove and a generous amount of seasoning into a blender and blend until smooth, cover and set aside.
- Place your lasagne sheets on a lightly floured surface and sprinkle each sheet with flour, then using a knife or pasta cutter cut the sheets down into 32 8cm x 8cm squares.
- Place a heaped teaspoon of the boudin blanc mixture into the centre of 16 of the ravioli squares and top each with a sprig of sage.
- Brush the edges with a little beaten egg and place another pasta round on top. Using a fork press around the entire border to seal together the edges & create a scalloped effect.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil, salt well and cook the ravioli for 5 minutes
- To make the hazelnut beurre noisette, place the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook until it starts to foam and smell nutty. Add the crushed hazelnuts, stir and remove from heat.
- To serve, place four ravioli into each serving dish, spoon over the beurre noisette and top with parmesan shavings + fresh sage leaves.
Our Black Label Savagnin displays zesty fruit character that lifts the delicate ravioli mixture of chicken and sage. The subtle nutty development in the wine is complemented by the hazelnut infused burnt butter sauce.
– Meg Brodtmann